FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is there a difference between being enrolled in the After School Enrichment Program & taking a class?
Yes. The After School Enrichment Program was designed to meet the needs of parents who are looking for after school child care. This is similar to what you would find in a typical child care facility or through the Gorham Rec "After the Bell" program. However, unlike other places, during that 3:00-6:00 time, we offer a structured ARTS enrichment class which the children participate and homework/tutoring help. We are also open until 6:00, giving parents time to get through Gorham.
Classes are for parents that do not need/want extended after school care, but want their child/children up for an Arts enrichment class. However, please note:
1) Children can get off the bus at the center, but must be picked up at the end of the class time (4:45pm for the K-5 fall session) or a late pick fee of $5.00/minute will be charged.
2) Children will not receive any homework or tutoring help
3) Classes are filled by children enrolled in the After School Child Care Program FIRST. If there are still openings, they will be filled on a first come/first served basis A completed registration form with full payment will secure a spot in the class. No spots will be "held".
For example: If a classes max enrollment is 8, and six of those spots are filled by students in the After School Care Program, 2 spots will be open to others who just want to take a class.
Q: What is the missed class policy?
Classes are offered in sessions: Fall, Winter & Spring 9 week sessions and a 3 week Holiday session. After the last week of the Fall, Winter and Spring sessions there is a "make up" week. This week is to make up classes if the teacher had to cancel a class due to illness, snow days or a holiday. It is not for classes missed by your child due to illness, appointments, etc. The teacher will do their best to help your child catch up at the following class.
Q: What is the refund policy?
It varies from program to program...
1) If enrolled in the After School Child Care Program there is a one time yearly non-refundable $50 processing fee. If you sign your child up for this program, but decide to withdraw, this fee is non-refundable. Weekly enrollment fees will be adjusted and refunded based on the withdrawal date.
2) If taking just a class (after school, daytime, evening or weekend) there is no processing fee and full payment is due upon registration. Since, we have hired the teacher and purchased materials:
a) If you withdraw within two weeks of the class, 50% of your payment will be refunded.
b) If you withdraw greater than two weeks, 100% of your payment will be refunded.
3) For Summer Camps, there is a $50 non-refundable processing fee included in the camp fee.
-Withdrawal within two weeks of the camp start date, 0% of your payment will be refunded.
-Withdrawal 3 weeks prior to the class start date 50% is refunded (minus the $50 non refundable processing fee and any fees incurred through Paypal for processing your payment (typically$2-$5.00)
-Withdrawal 4 weeks of the class start date 100% is refunded, (minus the $50 non-refundable processing fee and any fees incurred through Paypal for processing your payment (typically $2.00-5.00)
Q: I am signed up for Before Care on "X" day, however my child will not be attending that day; do I still have to pay?
Yes, you still have to pay. We have held that spot for your child, hired a teacher and made sure the building was open for you. We ask that if your child will not be attending, you kindly let us know via email email@example.com or phone 318-0584, the night before.
Q: Do I pay the $50 processing fee if my child is just taking a class?
No. This fee applies to those enrolling in the After School Enrichment Program from 3:00pm - 6:00pm. For those just taking a class and being picked up right when the class ends, you just pay the cost of the class which needs to be paid in full when registering.
Q: Are you a peanut-free facility?
Yes! The Community Arts Center is a a peanut & tree nut free facility.
If you have any questions about our programs,
please call Amy at (207) 318-0584 or (207) 899-6867